Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Taste of San Diego (not to be mistaken for A Taste of Del Mar)

A Taste of San Diegonot to be mistaken for A Taste of Del Mar, as we soon discovered after arrival; is actually a tasting reception at the 2010 California Small Farm Conference. My husband (Realtor Oliver Indra), a friend, and I were perhaps the only three non-farmers in the Marriott convention room that evening. But that didn't stop us from digging into the food and wine (after all, that is what we came for). 

Local favorites were sprinkled into this convention, such as the Stone Brewery from Escondido and South Coast Winery in Temecula both serving up some killer steak Hors d'oeuvres that made me visit twice. I had to open my mouth and tell the chef my dislike of them taking their famous onion rings off the menu, still not happy about that!  The Linkery fixed up some might tasty finger food, fresh sliced baguette from Sadie Rose Bakery, sweet chutney, topped with spicy pulled pork. Yum! Now, back to Sadie Rose Bakery - so good we took home a loaf of whole grain, which we can't wait to sink our teeth into tomorrow and remember our European days of fresh baked artisan morning breads. 

Just around the corner I almost walked past Bolani, until a filled flat bread topped with different sauces flew under my nose, and one of the family owned and operated siblings professed, "It is so good, you'll kiss your mama!". Further inspection of what I had just gobbled down revealed that these foods were Afghan cuisine and a few interesting tid-bits about the health benefits of cayenne chili. The spinach filled flat bread and the Sweet Chili Bolani came home with us.

Although the whole center area offered wine tasting, I found myself testing, tasting, and re-tasting Gloriosa Vinyard Wines from Pine Valley, CA. The Cabernet Sauvignon was delicious and the Zinfandel was especially interesting, with a strong tendency towards a port-like wine. May have to place an online order.

In spite of all the wonderful and sophisticated foods and wines, the most stand out of all was a dessert Popsicle (YES, I have a big sweet-tooth). Now this wasn't any ordinary Popsicle, it was a ice cream textured delight call "key lime pie" from Viva Pops,  and it was too good to be true! I'll admit, I went back for a second, and a bit too late, as all the key-lime pie pops, along with the lavender-lemonade pops were gone, and I was stuck with a blood-orange pop that was good, but couldn't compare. Leaving me wanting more...found out they attend the Solana Beach farmers market, so now, so will I. 

Now, just wanted to give a shout out to Hydrochanger (non chemical water conditioning systems), which REALLY went over my head. In a nutshell, it will condition your dirty water to clean water, can be used on a farm, or residential area. Ladies, y'know how hard the water is in San Diego, imagine washing your hair and it feeling soft - that is one benefit. Ask for Earl Coleman, he'll explain it.

Thank you all for such a wonderful night. 
If you have a friend or family member that is looking to buy or sell real estate in CA, it would be the highest compliment if you were to recommend us.

Don't forget to subscribe to this BLOG!

Melia 
Oliver Indra
Prudential California Realty (San Diego)
DRE: 01857770
Cell: 760 805 9336

Posted via email from San Diego Real Estate

No comments:

Post a Comment